Friday, July 30, 2010

Another birhtday down!

So, my middle baby is 3...oh boy! He had such a good day. He woke up and we had birthday snuggles. When I told him "Happy Birthday!", he said "Tanks, mom!" So cute. When he walked down stairs, he was so excited to see his "prensent and birtday tard!" sitting on the table. "Tanks for my tard, mom!" haha. Taigan helped him open his presents, which is a talking Buzz Lightyear ("Buzz Buzz") which all 3 of them were excited about.

Figuring that I would make him something special for breakfast, I asked him what he wanted. He replied "toast". I decided to interpret that as French Toast, and asked him if he would like to go to the bakery with me. So, Brendan, Buzz, and I went to the bakery to get some yummy, fresh bread. He told the ladt at the bakery it was his birthday, and was able to pick out a cookie.

A little later, we left for Chuck E Cheese (which is where we took Taigan for his 3rd birthday). My Mom and Dad, and my Mother-in-Law joined us. Brendan really enjoyed the ride-on bus. He told me he was going to school and would get in. He would get in with other children, too. Mr. Sociable! I think he thought that all the people were there to celebrate his birthday. He walked up to one lady and asked her for a token! He followed the same lady and her family throught the tunnel on the ceiling. I am pretty sure he thought he belonged to them some how. The children (even Evan) were running around that place like I never let them leave the house. Oh, the excitment!! I say the children, but I must include to 2 older children in that also. Eric and my Dad. Everytime I turned around, my Dad was holding his hand out for another token! He approached me at one point, and I told him that there was only 1 token left, and he didn't understand why I wouldn't give it to him. Umm...because I was going to give it to one of the little children! Then, Eric says "I think we should get some more tokens because they are having so much fun and behaving really well". I agreed. The next time I looked up, Eric and my Dad are standing together at a game! Who did we get the extra tokens for?? Boys will be boys I guess, no matter how old ☺

I had meant to call Chuck E Cheese and ask them ahead of time if we could bring cupcakes. One of the things that Brendan loves most in this world is the Happy Birthday song! He ♥♥♥'s it!! He gets flushed, and giggles and it is the cutest reaction to anything I think I have ever seen. So, while we are standing in the parking lot getting ready to head back to Corning, I suggested that we go get some sort of dessert and sing to him. I was not letting my baby go to bed on his birthday without having the song sung to him! Of course, I was sobbing to my family, they must all think I am loco by now. So, we found a Wegmas (grocery store) and bought him a cake and some candles and had a really nice moment outside in the cafe eatery.

Overall, I think he had the best day ever! (and so did everyone else involveCheck Spellingd!) I will post some pictures as soon as I can.

No comments: