Saturday, September 12, 2009

Other new stuff...

Summer is over in every way. As I sit here under a blanket, I am almost thankful that it is over. I am such a homebody. I always feel like I have to be doing something during summer. Weekends, days off, and any other free time. We were fairly busy this summer. I am not complaining, because it was a good summer, but I love lazy days, sitting on the couch under a blankie and snuggling with my boys. That, to me, is the good life!

Eric and I are both back in school. He is taking 2 classes: Tax Accounting and Literature. Two good classes to catch up on some sleep, right? Zzzzz.....I am taking my LAST class needed to get my second Associates degree from Corning Community College. Both degrees will be semi-useless to me, but overall, I guess, a good life experience. I am doing my field experience that is needed to get an Early Childhood degree. I go to class 7 times this semester, but have to put in 225 hours in a day-care setting. So, I "work" at the Corning Children's Center any chance I get, for free. I go and play with 10 toddlers and then come home. Not bad, right? A little tiring, but ok.

Taigan starts school back up on the 17th. Half the class will go the 15th, and his half goes the 17th. He is so excited. We had his open house the other night and he was running around the house before we left saying that he was so happy to be going to school. This year he will go 3 days a week from 8:45 until 11:45 and the class is combining the 3 and 4 year olds. 21 4 year olds and 9 3 year old, with 4 teachers. Sounds loud and chaotic to me, but those teachers are so good at keeping them focused! I can't believe that he starts Kindergarten next year!! *cries*

Brendan is doing very well. He is talking so much! He has so many cute little expressions and makes us laugh many times a day. Eric and I find ourselves looking at each other questioning if he could be any cuter, and if there is a cuter 2 year old in existence. haha

Evan is going to be crawling any minute. He gets up on all 4's and scoots. We expect it to happen soon. He is eating "real" food and loves it. Peas, green beans, sweet potatoes, squash, fruits and yogurt. He has yet to "not like"something. I make 90% of his baby food and he really enjoys eating it! He weighed in at 17 pounds at his 6 month checkup and is catching up to Brendan already! haha

I am going to be 30 this year. It is right around the corner. It is so funny to be "this old" because despite the fact that I am a mother of 3, I still feel very young. I remember thinking when I was a teen that 30 was old and that life was almost over at 30. Well, for me, life is at the beginning. Eric got me tickets to see my very favorite band for my birthday. The concert is on the 27th of October and is in Philly. I have loved this band since I was about 15 years old and they get better through the years. We are going to see Pearl Jam! I used to joke that the only man that could ever steal me away from Eric was Eddie Vedder....

This will be the 5th time I get to see them live and I am more excited now than I was the first time. Thankfully, I have the best parents in the world and they are watching my 3 babies for me so I can go have the time of my life!

Some cute things that they kids have said lately...

Taigan:
"Mom, I am smart, but I am not Kmart smart!"

Me:
"Taigan, have I ever told you that you are my hero?"
Him:
"Yes"
Me:
" I have? Do you know what that means?"
Him:
"That I am Superman?"

Miss Judy, one of his teachers at school the other night at the open house (she was in the other room and he walked in):
"Taigan, I was hoping to get to see you!"
Him:
"I know, I came in here to find you!"

Brendan has started adding your name at the end of his exclamations. He was exhausted the other day and I was singing a silly song to him about being tired. "Noooo, mommy!" Or I tell him to go do something, "Ok, mommy!" or again, "Noooo, mommy!"



1 comment:

Aunt Cindy said...

Just found your blog in my "favorites". Our PC has been down for a couple of months. LOVE reading "all about you"!! Those boys sound absolutely precious!
You're enjoying them...that's the gift.
Don't stop "blogging"...you'll love having it someday.
Love and miss you all...Aunt Cindy