It has been way too long since I wrote a blog. I thought I would do so and update everyone on what is happening in our lives. The problem is that I am not sure where to start! So, I will go in birth order and fill you in that way.
~Eric lost his job again on November 5. It was a good thing at the time, though, because his hours had been cut so badly that he could make more on unemployment and work on finding a new job. He found one with the help of my mom's neighbor. He got to work at the DeMet's Chocolate Factory. Sounds fun, right? Think again. He said that next to the week he spent trying to sell cars, this was the second worst job he had ever had. He would have to stand (on a hard, cement floor) for almost 12 hours and watch the candy boxes come out onto the conveyor belt and make sure they were lined up where they should be. Oh boy! Needless to say, he worked extra hard for those 2 weeks to find another job, any job. On December 14, he left to go away on training for that new job! He had to stay for a week in Amherst (about 3 hours away) and train to be the best furniture salesperson in the southern tier! He has been on the sales floor since Christmas Eve and was #3 in the store this past weekend. I think he has found his calling!
He will still be attending courses this upcoming semester. He finished last semester with an A- and an A. So, with the new job and classes, he is going to be a busy boy for the next couple of months. He wants to get into writing and is thinking about writing children books. He actually has one in the works!
~I am very excited about some things. To start, I went to Toronto at the beginning at October and attended a training to become a certified Hypnobirthing Childbirth Educator. It was such a powerful training. If I wasn't already passionate about birth and women having choices, I am now more than ever. I have been working the past couple of months to finish my review questions and send them in to get my certification. It is so exciting for me and, at the same time, scary. It can get discouraging working in this field because you are constantly battling with people and their negative attitudes towards birth, not to mention doctors and their "Save women" attitudes. Birthing is what our bodies are made to do. I like a quote that I read recently: "Midwives see birth as a miracle and only mess with it if there is a problem; doctors see it as a problem and if they don't mess with it, it is a miracle!" (Barbara Harper in her book Gentle Birth Choices). Anyway, I have a meeting in a couple of weeks with a local doula who is excited to work with me as she has clients who have asked her about Hypnobirthing and there are no other practitioners in the area. There is one is Ithaca, and my midwife who is in Burdett, both about 1/2 hour to 45 minutes from here. She also mentioned that I may be able to do classes at her business where she is a massage therapist. Her partner is a Pilate's instructor. The business is called New Beginnings. It is a great resource for me, as I will eventually be for them. I am calling myself "Southern Tier Hypnobirthing" and am working on a website (http://www.southerntierhypnobirthing.webs.com/). I am going to offer other services like Birth Assistant, Breastfeeding help, Cloth Diapering classes and Babywearing classes. These are all the things that I am passionate about and would love to share with women.
I finished this semester with an A and now have my second associate degree from Corning Community College. This one is in Early Childhood. I may have a 3 year old boy coming to hang out with us a couple days during the week. The extra money will definitely help.
~Taigan is very excited to be back in school. I hope that his excitement continues throughout the next 12+ years! He had a great Christmas and really got into it this year. It was very heart-warming to live Christmas through a child. He continuously asked for a "little kid laptop" and a "motorcycle". By motorcycle he meant The Smartcycle, a bike you ride while playing games at the tv. Then, about 2 weeks before Christmas, he started talking about "the Mario hockey game". He had seen a commercial for the Mario Winter Olympics game for the Wii and on it is a hockey game. He had played the Wii once at a friends house and really wanted it. It is all we heard about for 2 weeks. Santa brought it. He has been so happy since Christmas and is amazingly good at it, for a 4 year old. There isn't much he asked for that he didn't get. He got a little spoiled this Christmas. One day when he was being a little naughty and we told him that Santa was watching, he said "I wish Santa didn't have a list!"
I can't get over the fact that around the same time he turns 5 (!!!!!!), I have to sign him up for K...K....sorry it is hard for me to say. Ummmm...kindergarten. Ouch, it hurts. Why is it so hard to watch them grow up? We want them to grow and live and be healthy, right? So why am I actually tearing up right now as I type these words? That day, this September, is going to be one of the hardest and proudest days of my life, surely. For his 5th birthday, he wants a hockey party. He asked me the other day if he could "dress up like a hockey person." I let him dress up for his 3rd bday party like a pirate, and now he thinks he has to dress up for every party.
~Brendan....oh Brendan. He is lucky he is cute! No, I am kidding, sortof. haha He is 2, for sure. Sometimes, he is the most loving child, and sometimes he know how to push buttons. He is talking so much and is making us laugh with almost every word. He is a very funny child. And so stickin cute. His huge blue eyes are enough to make you melt. Every place we go, someone comments on how beautiful his eyes are.
We are trying to get him potty trained. We tried a couple of months ago and came to the conclusion that he was not ready and we would try again after a month or so. So, here we are again. I will say that he is doing better this time, but I am still wondering if he is ready. If I tell him to go about every 15-20 minutes, then he does good. He will not tell me that he has to go, I have to remind him. I know that he just has to get used to the feeling of needing to go and the holding it until he is at the potty instead of just going. It will happen. I just can't figure out why they can't just come out able to go in the potty. No diapers ever, ahhh.
~Evan is doing great. He is 10 months old now and growing like a leaf, as most kids do. He took 2 steps last night so he is going to be walking any day. So, ready or not, I am about to have 3 very active boys. He is the happiest baby I have ever met. He smiles all the time, and laughs more than that. He gives sloppy baby kisses, which I love! He has 6 teeth and loves to use them to eat! He likes his food. He is wearing 12 month clothes and has been for about a month, but we were just saying last night that we may have to get the 18 month clothes out sooner than we had thought. That's good, he is healthy. Cloth diapers make the butt a little extra fluffy, too.
So, there you have it. Our life in 60 seconds. I am sure there is so much more. I will be trying to do this a lot more often so that you don't have to sit here and read so much. I hope that you all had the best Christmas, and may 2010 be the best year ever!
No comments:
Post a Comment