"If you can conceive it, you can accomplish it."
Isn't this so true? Everyone always says that if you want something bad enough, you can have it. Well, I want something real bad. I want to become a Certified Hypnobirthing Practitioner. I will become one.
There was a class being offered in Wilmington, DE. Eric and I talked and decided that if there was a way for me to come up with the money to do this, I could go. Well, ok, great. Right? Not that easy...
1. How in the world are we going to come up with the money?? For the class? The hotel? The gas to get there?
2. I am still breastfeeding and will be gone for about 5 days. I am not ready to give this up, he is only 6 months old. Can the whole family go? More money...
3. Can Eric get the time off from work, and still be able to make the time up so that he is not losing out on hours?
I go to school the very first night, and the lady comes in to give the "back to school" speech that she gives every semester. I am not really paying attention, as I have heard this speech about a thousand times. So, as I am doodling on the notebook in front of me, I hear the faint words; "Aid for part-time study." If I were a dog, my head would have cocked and my ears would have stood at attention! Part-time aid?? They have never offered this before. There is aid for those who attend full-time and I have often thought that it would be nice to receive this, but can't fit 12 credits into my already crazy life. She says you can pick up the application in the hall on a table during break. Well, there is NO way I am waiting until break . I went out immediately and picked up one for me and one for Eric. Filled it out that night, and dropped it off personally to the Financial Aid office the next morning. We then find out that we are both getting money and it is enough to pay for the class and a hotel!! WHOO HOO!
The "bubble" begins!
Eric gets the time off and is able to get the hours made up in other shifts. So, we are all able to go.
The "bubble" is getting bigger!
I find a motel about 12 miles from the birthing center that the classes are being held at. It is priced well, and has a full kitchen so we don't have do eat out for every meal.
The "bubble" is so big now that I can't believe this is actually happening!
Thursday night we come home to a message on the machine...the class has been CANCELED!!!
The "bubble" BURST!
What? Are you kidding me? The only other classes are in California, Toronto, Australia, and South Africa. California, Australia, and South Africa are obviously out. But, is Toronto possible? It is not far from here. All of us, except Evan, have a passport, and I found out that he doesn't need one. It looks possible...
Hotel is booked, Eric has gotten the ok to take the time off, and I am super excited again! The instructor for the class is away until Tuesday, so I couldn't register, yet. So close!!!!
October 1-4, and I can't wait. I have never been to Toronto before. And it is the weekend after my 1st wedding anniversary. Maybe we will be able to do something fun for it, good thing we will have a babysitter, right Sue? haha
No comments:
Post a Comment