with SO much! We have alot going on lately. All good things, and hopefully they don't come to an end.
Taigan started "playing" soccer at the end of January. He is a Mini-Mav(erick). Coach Jonny is an Englishman who lives for the game. He has a long list of credentials, and Taigan LOVES him. He teaches the kids basic skills, and they have so much fun. There aren't any teams, and he doesn't play "games", but at the end of each session the kids are divided up and they do have "the big game". It was a 6-week session, and he loved it so much, we signed him up again. He is also registered for T-ball. This will start at the end of April.
Tuesday, he will turn 5. Yes, 5. I am not handling it so well. That same day, I have to register him, my baby, in Kindergarten. Seriously? The same day he turns 5. It is going to be an emotional day for Mom. (For those of you who know me well...yes, I am crying right now!)
He loves school. He is doing really well writing his letters and numbers, and he wants to do it. He is also learning letter sounds, too. His teacher mentioned to me that he is doing better than a few of his fellow classmates. We have been a little worried lately about his speech. He had therapy from about 2 until 3 years old. The therapist asked me during an evaluation how I felt about his speech progress, and I was happy with it at that time. I thought that he had come a long way in the little bit of time she had been visiting him. She concluded that he was at age level, and that services could stop. Well, that's what happened to his progression, too. I don't feel that he continued to grow after that. His language is unbelievable. He is such an intelligent child. We went for an evaluation the other day, and they agree with me on that. They think that he is being lazy with his tongue. So, he will start therapy again. This is a good thing, I am happy about it. Sometimes, his articulation is not clear. There are a couple times a day that I have to say to him: "I did not understand a word you just said, slow down and try again." The sad part is that he is used to not being understood. This is so normal for him, that he just starts over and either repeats what he said, or says it slightly different so we can understand. I guess it's good that he doesn't get frustrated.
Brendan is silly old Brendan. He may be one of the funniest kids I have ever known. He may also be one of the most mischievous kids I have ever known. One minute I am telling him to stop and the next I am laughing at him. It is so hard to discipline while laughing! Potty learning is going very well. He still has accidents, but we can leave the house in underwear, and return in the same dry pair. Almost there! I am going to start researching to see if there is something fun for him to do in this town. We are doing this and that with Big Brother, and poor Brendan WANTS to do it, too.
Evan is 1. He turned 1 on 3/2. Eric made homemade wheat noodles and I made a lasagna and a lion cake. He thought it was yummy. All of it. He does allot for only being 1. He really wants to join in with his brothers in every way possible. He is spoiled by Taigan, they absolutely adore each other. I think Evan is going to be our sports guy. As much as Taigan enjoys it as the age of 4 (he is STILL 4), Evan enjoys it now. You can tell. Anything that can be a "hockey stick" is used to hit anything that can be a "puck". All day long, this is what Evan does. Eric saw him kicking the soccer ball the other day.
Eric is really enjoying his job. He was the number 1 sales person in the store for the month of February. For that, he received a $150 gift card to Target. It helped with birthday presents, for sure. He has been taking Taigan ice skating every Thursday. It is something fun for the both of them. Eric loves to skate. Better him than me. Taigan is becoming better and better on a pair of hockey skates. Maybe he will be able to play the most expensive sport out there next year, we will see. I still say that teaching them piano is the cheapest way to go!
I have started watching 2 children Monday through Friday. Keegan is 2, and Kianna just turned 4 the other day. They are wild and crazy, but are starting to adapt. A little less testing to see how far they can get with me. The hours are awesome, 9ish until 2:30. Perfect. Hypnobirthing is going great! I have found what makes me happy, and what I was meant to do. The passion in me is so intense I feel like I could burst. I just finished with my first couple. They took so much away from the class, they really enjoyed it. And I enjoyed them. They are expecting their little man to be born sometime late April, early May. We teach them to not focus on a "due date", but a due time, or due month. It is only a guess, and can set them up for disappointment when baby is not born on that day. I have a new session starting on Monday with another couple, and one set to start April 19th with a 3rd couple. I am going to go around to all the doctors/midwives offices a give them my information now that I am certified. (Check it out: http://hypnobirthing.com/new_york.htm) You can also visit my website,too, if you haven't already: http://www.southerntierhypnobirthing.webs.com.
So, I guess that is all for now. I am sure there will be more soon :)
No comments:
Post a Comment