Evan is trying so hard to roll over. He gets all the way around from his back to tummy, but that darn arm gets in the way! Once he figures out how to move it, he will have succeeded. I can't believe he is not my helpless newborn anymore!!
Brendan is starting to go pee-pee on the potty! Tonight, he actually took his diaper off and sat down on the little potty all by himself. He squeezes so hard, he grunts...and then little drops come out. His eyes get so big, he smiles and you can see the sense of accomplishment written all over his little face. I love it!
He is saying so many words. Sometimes, I have to stop and wonder how he knows a particular word, and then I am reminded that his older brother NEVER stops talking. I remember when I was a little girl, my Nana pointed out to me once that I talked non-stop. I wonder if that is where Taigan gets it from. Anyway, Brendan is talking more and more each day. He is so cute with his little gremlin/munchkin voice. I mean it, one minute he sounds like the sweetest little munchkin and the next the is this sort of growl-grunt to his voice. It is funny because he was a grunting baby. People always thought he was filling his pants, haha, but he was just grunting.
You never realize how difficult it is to grasp the concept of time until you have to explain summer vacation to a 4 year old. Every morning he asks if he is going to school and every morning I say "No, you are on summer vacation." He then asks how much longer summer "cation" is going to be. I tell him a couple of more months, and then he asks the next day.
My Aunt Jane sent the boys a "care-package" the other day in the mail. In it was a pair of Lightning McQueen (The Cars movie) slippers. Brendan has had them on now for about 2 days. He wore them to bed last night. It was 80 degrees out.
They make me laugh every day.
No comments:
Post a Comment