Saturday, June 27, 2009

Saturday

I remember as a kid that every Saturday morning my dad would make waffles. It was always really special because back then, Dad never cooked. This was the extent of it. Well, this morning, I made the boys pancakes...from scratch. They were a success and the boys love them, well...that was the second batch! I have to admit that the first batch is now being digested by Calyx (the dog!). I burned them. It was a combination of me not knowing how long to let them cook on the first side, and the heat being too high. He enjoyed them. I asked the boys if they wanted pancakes for breakfast and Brendan's eyes lit up..."Cake!" haha

Update on cloth dipes: I can't believe it took me this long to start doing it. I feel sorry for Taigan's butt, that it never got to experience the softness of cloth diapers. It is becoming an addiction that I can't feed. I want more, and can't afford them right now. We are about 20 diapers and 3 covers away from being able to do it 100% of the time. We chose to put Brendan in them all the time right now because we didn't have any disposables left for him. We have a couple of packages that people gave us for Evan after he was born. Brendan was breaking into bad diaper rashes a lot and his little heiny has been, well..."as smooth as a baby's bottom" since we started him with cloth. And it is not nearly as gross as I had anticipated. I am so happy I have made this decision! Next step...clothes line. I really want to start hanging the diapers out to dry. The sun will help me with any bacteria and stains.

Evan has starting laughing. Anyone who knows Brendan, knows that we have always said that he has the best laugh. I think Evan may eventually compete with that. The fact that at this early age he is laughing from the belly when he is tickled is amazing to me. It is so cute. Big, gummy smiles! He also has reached the point when he doesn't want to sit. I am continuously holding him in a standing position. You sit him down, he stands up. He does not like to lay down either. When he is on his belly, he is trying to move. Both the other boys crawled at 6 months. We will see with Evan.

I thank the Lord every day for giving me 3 strong, healthy, active, smart, beautiful boys. They are so special and different in their own ways and I am so glad that I get to know them.




No comments: